How to use this Guide
This guide was developed to help you start your research on a Criminal Justice related topic. Each of the tabs above have information about different types of library resources and services. There is also a link to my chatbox and email form for questions you may have.
Rate This Guide
Ask A Librarian
You can also make a face-to-face or an online appointment with a reference librarian.
Request a research consultation.
Guide to Library Floors (Printable Directory)
First Floor (basement level):
Student lounge and email workstations, Room 100
Instructional Technology offices and classrooms — 512.245.2319
Library rooms 101 & 105/106
Second Floor (Main entrance/exit):
Circulation/Course Reserve desk — 512.245.3681
Fax machine; Interlibrary Loan pick up; Lost & Found; Guard
Interlibrary Loan office, Room 213 — 512.245.4893
Research & Information Desk — 512.245.2686
Reference Collection, Leisure Reading Collection
Copyright Office -- 512.245.2288
Associate Vice-President, University Library, Room 204 — 512.245.2133
Periodicals & Media Desk — 512.245.3894
- Current and bound periodicals (1960-current); microfilm/microfiche; DVDs; Language Learning CDs;Models; Kits; VHS; Audiocassettes; Graphic Novels; Secured Collections; Sorenson Video Phone
- Curriculum Materials Center: Juvenile Collection; TCMC K-12 Textbook Collection; Scholastic Guided Reading; Testing Collection
Computer Lab and open workstations — 512.245.2106
Government Information Desk — 512.245.3686
Student Learning Assistance Center (SLAC LAB) — 512.245.2515
All books; older bounds periodicals dated 1959 and older — (books and periodicals shelved by call number)
5th floor — Call numbers beginning with (A-J) & University Archives — 512.245.6724
6th floor — Call numbers beginning with (K-Q)
7th floor — Call numbers beginning with (R-Z), The Wittliff Collections — 512.245.2313
Library Hours — 512.245.2187
| Day of the Week
||Fall & Spring||Summer|
|Monday-Wednesday|| 7:00am – 3:00am
|| 7:30am – 10:00pm
|Thursday||7:00am – Midnight|| 7:30am – 10:00pm
|Friday||7:00am – 8:00pm||7:30am – 5:00pm|
|Saturday||11:00am – 6:00pm|| 11:00pm – 6:00pm
|Sunday|| 12:00pm – 3:00am
||1:00pm – 9:00pm|
* Library Building Hours vary over interim, holidays, final exams, mini-session. Extended Hours run from the third week of classes through the end of the semester.
- Group and individual study rooms are available on 5th, 6th, and 7th floors.
- Photocopiers are located on floors 2 through 7. Copiers accept change or BobcatBucks. There is also a free scanner station available on Floors 2, 3, and 4 with the capability to save scanned material to a flash drive or send as an email attachment.
It is free to use this service.
Contact & Pick-up Info:
Items can be picked up at the Circulation Desk on the 2nd
Please call 512.245.4893 or
Request a card online through this TexShare Card request form or sign up in person at the Circulation Desk.
- Texshare cards allow you borrowing privileges at many local libraries, including the following participating libraries
- All current students and employees are eligible.
- Cards are valid for an entire semester.
- Materials must be returned to the same library from which they were borrowed.
- You are responsible for any charges for lost or damaged materials.
- Students that do not return items will have "holds" attached to their records that prevent you from registering for classes, obtain transcripts or grades, etc.
- For questions about TexShare contact the Circulation desk at 512.245.3681 or via email