Locating Periodicals PDF
What is a Periodical?
A periodical is a magazine, journal, newspaper, or similar item.
Does the Library own all periodicals?
No, it does not. If you find that the Library does not own a periodical you are looking for, consider using Interlibrary Loan.
Is there a list of all the Library’s periodicals?
Yes. The best list of the Library’s periodical subscriptions is the online Periodical List search. It identifies whether a periodical is available in print at the Library or electronically through a database/vendor.
Using Periodical List
The example below shows that Social Work in Health Care is partly accessible in print/microform, as well as Online.There are also coverage dates to indicate which years are available.
You can also use the Subject tab at the top of the Periodical List page to browse for journals by general subject area.
- Current issues — Shelved alphabetically by title.
- Microfiche/film — Shelved in cabinets by call number.
- Bound periodicals dated 1960 or newer
- All bound periodicals 1959 and older with call numbers beginning with letters (A–J)
- All bound periodicals 1959 and older with call numbers beginning with letters (K–Q)
- All bound periodicals 1959 and older with call numbers beginning with letters (R–Z)